Friday, March 13, 2009

Breakfast at Lemon's

Gashouse Eggs for breakfast today.
Did you ever have them?
Just put a bit of oil in a frying pan and begin toasting a piece of bread from which you have removed a quarter to half dollar sized piece in the middle.
I used 12 grain bread because it has a nice nutty flavor. Once the bread begins to toast lightly, crack a nice fresh egg into the hole in the middle. Cook a bit more, then flip and do the other side.
You fry til the egg is to your liking.
I love them. Some people call it "Toad in a Hole" but, I learned it was called "Gashouse Eggs" and that is what I call them.
In the Kitchen the flowers are blooming so spring is on the way.
I will miss winter as I was hoping for a few good howling wind days and didn't get but one!
Have a great weekend.

No comments: