I pulled the house apart today doing spring cleaning.
I am ruthless with throwing things out if I do not use them or giving them away.
It seems good to have only one of each thing if you can do it, especially in the kitchen where space often is at a premium. Rather to have food stocked than two spatulas anyday I think.
So I moved a kitchen table into the office to use as a nice big desk. Its working nicely so far, though a bit high for typing but overall, thats okay.
I took down the plastic picnic table, long and thin, that I was using and will store that in the daughter's garage.
I moved the dining room set into the kitchen once again, as I really don't have a separate dining room but was using first the office, then half the living room.
I was fooling myself and I had too much strewn about so its back as it was long ago now.
I am weeding out closets, cabinets, bathroom,even giving away towels that I don't use often.
The house needs to be pared down as much as possible since it is a tiny cottage with only 2 closets in the whole place. There's simply no room for much of anything and no storage at all.
Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment