It began to rain last night and I could hear the steady pitter pat on the big air conditioner that sticks through the living room wall. Yes, well I am not fond of it, but it's what I have.
By 2:00AM it was a fine snow that was falling and today there is a light coating here and there.
Wednesday we are going to see the Harlem Globe Trotters. I have not seen them since I was in high school millions of years ago and it will be great to see them once again. If you never have seen them, its a fun time and they are very talented. You would not be disappointed.
I ordered to CD's from Amazon that I had heard long time ago and enjoyed very much.
One was the sound track from the original Pink Panther movie and the other was the sound track from the television program Mission Impossible. Two songs on each one were of particular interest to me. One is the Lonely Princess on the Panther one and one is, I believe, Cinnamon's theme from Mission Impossible. Both scores were written by Henry Mancini and I have always liked his compositions a lot. Him and Burt Bacharach. I love his songs because they are so different.
Of his compositions I like "This Guy's in Love", "A House is not a Home" among so many others.
Henry Mancini was so active in writing film scores at one point and so many of his songs are well known . When I think of Audrey Hepburn I think also of the music of Henry Mancini who wrote the scores for Breakfast at Tiffany and Charade, etc.
Good music and good times just go together I think.
Bye.
1 comment:
Henry Mancini has always done some wonderful compositions
Post a Comment