What a day yesterday was. I had to run around for 3 hours trying to get papers noterized and witnessed and then find a place to FedEx the stuff overnight.
I ended up paying $20 to have the US post office deliver it overnight. The Fed Ex was just so out of the way and after all that running around I just didnt want to go any further with it.
Inside the post office there was a hold up also...well the first post office as I ended up going to a second one in a smaller town with less people.
After standing in line for over half an hour, the 3 employees who were standing around finally looked up and said, Oh, all our computers are down, you people might want to go to another post office!
There were 10 people in line and it took them all that time to admit a problem.
Just.....blah, what were they thinking?
So I travelled a bit farther south to a much smaller post office where there is one lady who just seems to be able to handle it all and got service with a smile and with competence.
Nice for a change.
That set the tone for much of the day but then I was not in the pink either most of the day.
Today seems a better day and tonight is Lost and the Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham, which hopefully will be very interesting.
It might clear up a lot of nagging questions that have gone on for the last 4 years.
People who watch Lost become very involved because it is an ongoing mystery that just grabs your attention and keeps it.
Television lately, however , seems to be shooting itself in the foot. They seem to banish good programs left and right while hanging onto some awful junk
I am not a reality tv fan much and those seem to own the airwaves right now.
Shows like The Office have gone from good to bad writing and dirty jokes. The lead characters are becoming cartoons of themselves and sometimes it is so over the top and stupid I just have to turn it off.
Big Bang theory, which I do enjoy still remains cute and strong .
The shows I watch are few but I watch them steadily: Big Bang Theory, Smallville, Sarah Connor Chronicles (though now that it has gone to Friday night, I see it on the net) and Lost.
Sometimes I also enjoy Samantha Who?
That is it really. The rest of the time the television is off unless I happen to run into an old black and white movie from Bette Davis or Joan Crawford...you know, the classics.
Well thats about it for today. I have to update other blogs and work on some graphics.
1 comment:
No one's really trying when it comes to TV, shows play to diminishing audiences and diminishing quality and diminishing returns
post office = the devil
Post a Comment