Sunday, February 22, 2009

Rainy Day

Rain, rain and more rain.
I hear returning birds now in the morning. Well, one and then I hear the mourning doves which hardly ever seem to sing in the winter.
I heard on the radio that birds have stopped going as far south as they used to in winter since winters have been a bit milder lately. It said they go 40 miles farther north over the last many years.
Cycles in weather come and go though. Some winters are frigid and some are warmer.

I love the sound of the rain on the air conditioners. There is something nice about being warm and dry inside while you hear the rain pattering about outside.
Downpours I don't like. I worry about the gutters, etc. But light rain isn't bad at all once in a while.
When I lived in Utah I used to hope for a rainy day. Summer is no rain and then you hit what's called the monsoon season of early fall and it rains and rains sometimes.
Winters were tons of snow.

No comments: