Auld lang syne means really once upon a time or in olden times or times gone by.
I guess when a new year dawns our minds go back to the years that came before and we ponder what we did, what happened, the news headlines, etc and we consider how to make the new year better.
It would take a concerted effort by the entire world to make the world better since everyone would have to try to do a good job at living their life. There would need to be standards of what a good life is.
That isn't about to happen I think.
On the home front its freezing outside!
The ponds are frozen over and even the birds are quiet while they snuggle in their nests to keep warm.
I snuggle in the house to keep warm but I see that I have some repairs to make on leaks where cold air is rushing in and hot air escaping.
I can't believe the weekend is over already. It was just Sunday morning and now the sun is down...later though, not at 4 oclock anymore.. whew.
When the sun goes down so early you get sleepy too soon. The dark must have some kind of influence on how we feel too.
1 comment:
when a year ends, it always makes you think about what's past and what's to come
Post a Comment