Friday, January 23, 2009

Life Happens?

I named the blog the pink blog because the basic template that I used was in pink. In making a background and header I thought, why not just go with the pink and call the blog pink too.
I don't really have a deep reason why, just kind of happened that way.

One time a long while back I remember hearing a man say that too much of our lives is lived that way too, just falling into things.
As children we decide to be firemen, nurses, cowboys, astronauts, anything that fires our imaginations but we grow up and often take jobs we never even thought of much less dreamed of. We fall into things, life happens to us, we don't plan it well enough.
There are some who will say you can't plan life because things happen, but that is a lame excuse if you think about it. You can plan and just because roadblocks or street signs deter you from one way doesn't mean you can't go another with equal design and intent.
What I mean is that we don't have to just let life happen to us. We can take the reins and direct life where we would like it to go or at least in an approximate direction.

Planning is a good way to direct life and see to it that you don't end up in free fall too often.
We can end up off kilter from time to time but we don't have to stay that way I think. We can grab on and pull life back on course to our own liking even in the smallest of ways.
We can refuse to allow outside influences to completely manage us and maybe we can begin to manage them even on a mental basis. We can refuse to be side tracked from goals and ambitions and we can remain positive most of the time if we remain focused on the goal.

People fall into too much. Jobs, careers, marriages, relationships...especially friendships and business relationships that can drag you down. We are loathe to end them sometimes because of pity, habit or fear even if they are taking down the quality of life.
We are loathe to begin anew because of fear and habit too, but is it ever too late ?

How much does mental outlook have to do with our state of being?
Scientists says we use only 10% of our total brain power.
The head is the executive office of the whole body and its well being. It can direct the entire operation so to speak.
We can talk ourselves into lower blood pressure, out of anxiety and into peace. Mystics of the east have done this for years. Lowering blood pressure through breathing and relaxation is quite easy.
We can lessen pain, increase energy, even fight disease through mental processes. One biofeedback method had a person imagining blood cells attacking disease and winning.
The person got well.

Remember the man who cured himself through laughter? He simply took tanach(bible) at it's word that a merry heart does brings health and began to laugh often.
His disease was "incurable"...he was cured.

Adele Davis, a nutrionist who wrote books on health and healing through nutrition said she never met an arthritis sufferer(adult) who was not in some way harboring bitter feelings.
Again the bible speaks of bitterness harming the bones, so the reverse would heal.
It seems we can literally tear ourselves down physically through thought and attitude and build ourselves up though better attitude too.
This is not to say all disease is from attitude. Thats just not so for otherwise the sweet dear children of the world would be exempt .
But I think we can help ourselves more than we know. It might not heal us completely, but we might notice that the fight is easier or somehow more managable if we take the reins and change our mind set a bit? It's a question, not a statement.
I am wondering , that's all. And, I am hoping that this might be true.

Research shows that people who pray and are prayed for have better outcomes than those who do not/are not.

So is there hope for us to manage our lives and not allow haphazard life to manage us?
I hope so.

No comments: